Understanding the complexities of the process of product identification, tracking, anti-counterfeiting, and tracing, HP has introduced a new device HP 22 mm Printhead. Some of the top characteristics of this new development are high resolution marking, large-size characters and codes to simplify further process post packaging, 1D, and 2D barcodes, and superior operating speed.
The HP 22 mm Printhead that is made by HP Specialty Printing Systems is integrated with HP Thermal Inkjet Technology. This new system can easily work along with configured and specific applications and OEM printing systems.
The product by HP chains a broad range of marking applications for secondary packaging comprising box label replacement, variable data printing, and pharmaceutical cartons and labels and stitch-free product coding.
Annette Friskopp, general manager, HP Specialty Printing Systems said, “Product owners mandatorily use product identification mechanism in supply and manufacturing chains for products security. And to provide these facility loads of data-rich codes and smart barcodes are needed. And to fulfill this requirement HP has brought this new HP 22 mm Printhead and inks that deliver impressive image resolution at superior speed.”
Below are the benefits:
- The device has the ability to read the highest level of the barcode with the help of handheld scanner and smartphones, which is mandatory in logistics and distribution.
- The ink cartridge of 775 ml can be linked with maximum four printheads at the same time this helps to enhance the production rate.
- Flexibility for various applications owing vertical and horizontal firing position.
- It has a swift speed of printing which ranges up to 150m /min at 1200×600 dpi.
- There is no requirement of a specific operator to replace the printhead which results in disruption-less production.
The company anticipates making HP22mm Printhead available by second half of 2018.